Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Deadlines, Deadlines, Deadlines.................



WHEW!!! Last week flew by! Like everyone else, I got waylaid posting because Blogger was down so I didn't get the chance. Luckily its working fine today (fingers crossed!)and hopefully Blogger got all the bugs fixed. I've been using Blogger for about 3 or 4 yrs, without a problem so I shouldn't complain about it. It's been dependable and I'm grateful for it.

Last week was trying to create, document and submit classes for 2012 art retreats. This week I'm working on a sample for Susan's booth at Bead and Button with her Industrial Chic products. I can't show you what it is yet, because its a surprise.

I've put up a teaser photo showing some of what I'm going to be working with. I have the general idea, now trying to get all the bits and pieces to come together. Lets just say its going to be a little over the top. ;-) I'm going to ask Susan to model it for me when she gets it, and I'll post a pic when she does.

This weekend, by chance we happened upon a small fossil and mineral show down near Center Market. Small but with some great vendors. I got some crazy big black tooth the guys said was a fossil horse tooth and a few small amethyst geode hunks.


I can't wait to be able to sit down and make some massive rings with these! I wish now I had bought all of them, because they are so pretty.  I did get a few fluorite ones in Tuscon I still haven't had the chance to work with too. I'd love to own one of those giant geodes I saw in Tucson, the ones that were 6 ft tall. Someday!


6 comments:

Sherry Smyth said...

You HAVE been busy -- and if this teaser is any indication, whatever your finished product is, it is impressive!!

Love the geodes....totally "rock" as rings!! (yeah, I had to say it!) :)

Amber Dawn Inventive Soul said...

Oooh I like the look of the geode chunks! Nature is AMAZING! I can imagine a little bright green reptile of some sort sitting on top of one- or a little bright red lady bug... :o)
I'll be looking forward to seeing how you set or wire the stones into rings!

Suz said...

Those are gorgeous! I have one of your necklaces and i am crazy about it!
Fondly,
Suz

Barbe Saint John/ Saints and Sinners® said...

Thanks girls!!! I can't wait to get started with the geode chunks too. They remind me of oldfashioned rock candy!

Thank you Suz!! I'm glad you are enjoying your necklace! xoxox

Amber Dawn Inventive Soul said...

Definitely like rock candy! :o)

Hartbeespoort Accommodation said...

Why do I liked it? Because of the purple color. It's cool!