Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day


Hope all you Mom's out there had a wonderful Mothers Day and were well spoiled by your loved ones! I got a Starbucks Green Tea Latte (impossible to find here!) and a box of Cinnabon NOM NOM NOM!!! But to top it off, Bettie left me a little "present" pile in front of the French doors to the back porch. HOPEFULLY none of you got such a 'personal' gift from your kid or animal today LOL.

It was a gorgeous day today, and I spent it inside doing resin. I'm finally feeling like some energy has shifted and things are starting (FINALLY!) to move forward in life. I'm starting to feel unstuck and my creativity coming back. I won't worry about how many months I need to make up for, just go forward from today. I'm a little worried about my studio though, none of the 4 windows open up at all...Not a good thing when you work with paints, solvents, fixatives, varnish, glues, industrial epoxy, enamel, and soldering...... Don't want to poison myself or the animals by not having ventilation, so I'm hoping that I get a new workspace very very soon although I haven't started looking for one yet.

And speaking of looking, here are this weeks bead bloggers for your viewing pleasure!

A Bead A Day
If you are interested in polymer clay techniques, Cindy Lietz, the Polymer Clay Tutor, is offering a free tutorial on color blending!
About.com Jewelry Making
Even if May 5th passed by you unnoticed, that doesn't mean you can't find an excuse to celebrate.
Art Bead Scene
Looking for a challenge? Art Bead Scene has two design contests for you!
Beading Arts
Don't miss our next giveaway package from the fabulous Cherry Tree Beads!
Cindy Gimbrone, The Lampwork Diva
How 'bout a mini-dip to go with your double dip?
Resin Crafts!
Resin Crafts has a great idea for using leftover resin.
Snap out of it,Jean! There's music to be done!
Jean reviews the stunning book, Vintage Jewelry Design. It's one hundred years of must-see beauty!
The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
Celebrate Spring and the return of the weekly Thursday Giveaways with an assortment of components from Beadaholique!

2 comments:

Suz said...

Very funny! I own one of your necklaces. I adore it.
Fondly,
Suz

Barbara Lewis said...

I'm glad the cloud is lifting! For me, my moods are greatly affected by the sunlight ... or lack thereof. Wheeling, not known as one of the sunniest spots on earth, would have a way of doing that to you. We spent the weekend with our best friends, a couple who are both from Wheeling. Can you say Oglebay Park? :-)