Friday, May 27, 2011

The Queen and her Industrial Chic Crown

photo courtesy Susan Lenart Kazmer

Now that my Industrial Chic sample has arrived at the ICE Resin® headquarters, I can share what I made with you all.  Jen asked that the SLK Creative Team make something "a little over the top" to show what can be done with the Industrial Chic charms and findings. Hearing that,  I wanted to really make something unexpected so sat down with a notebook to brainstorm. I had a number of different ideas but finally settled on one that I thought really exemplified the product and its creator.   Because Susan is the "Queen" of found object jewelry and resin, I created a mixed media crown for her showcasing the Industrial Chic charms and pendants.


I created the base of the crown is made out of scrap metal, then started auditioning the parts to see what looked best where.  That took the longest  amount of time, because I needed it to be visually balanced and colorful.  Once I figured out what went where, I started drilling and attaching the bits with screw rivets and some wire wrapping. 


  I'm really pleased with it and so happy the Queen loved it too!  If you are going to be at the Bead & Button Show, you can see this in person and try it on if you ask nicely!

IF you don't know what the Bead & Button show it's an out of this world, jewelry makers mecca!  With more than 14,000 jewelry enthusiasts from around the globe flocking to the 2011 Bead&Button Show for a week of classes, socializing, and shopping, you KNOW its an amazing event! This year's show features more than 700 classes and workshops. Susan will be teaching there and the ICE Resin booth will have all the goodies you need to get started with resin. The Show runs June 4-12, at the Frontier Airlines Center in Milwaukee. You can register in advance and learn more about that show  at:  www.BeadAndButtonShow.com 


Interweave Press-Exploring Resin Jewelry-Making DVD

9 comments:

Alice said...

Oh this is awesome, and so unique! Fit for a Queen!!!!

mairedodd said...

barbe! this is fabulous... you did an incredible job... and the queen looks ravishing...

jenclair said...

Love it! I've made several fabric crowns, but your metal creation is my favorite crown so far!

Suz said...

That is a wonderful piece and fitting for Queen SLK!
Suz

Marlene ~ mIzZ (hONeY) bEe said...

a true royal of a jewel crown...so out of the box I LOVE it...awesome job Barbe... have a honey of a night ~ sweet dreams! Marlene

My Life Under the Bus said...

It's fantastic!!!

Jen Crossley said...

This is so awesome Barbe you did a wonderful job

Pretty Things said...

I'll be at Bead and Button and I can't wait to see it! I LOVE crowns.

A friend of mine made me a gorgeous one for my 40th birthday -- I had to do a craft show and my birthday fell right on that Saturday, and it made my booth so much more fun!

(I'll have half a head of pink hair, btw, if you happen to remember this post)>

Michelle Mach said...

Love the crown! That will look great on Susan.