Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Wanna get Published? Lark Books 500 Beaded Jewelry Call for Entries


People often ask me say "HOW do you get published?" which I think really means "How can I get published too".  I think people think there is some magical incantation one must do, or maybe you have know someone, or have a hookup.. While I think those things would all help, they really aren't necessary.  All kidding aside, there's a really simple answer to getting published. It's as simple as " submit when I see the call for entries."
You can't get published if you don't submit, and here's a chance for you. I just got an email from my friends at Lark Books and they are looking for entries for its 500 Beaded Jewelry book.

They wrote:  "We'd like to encourage submissions as widely as possible, and especially to create a diverse, international pool of entries. The postmark deadline for submissions is July 15, 2011, and we are encouraging early entries of recent, unpublished work."   

If you do beadwork and would like to get published, this is a chance my loves!!!! Go to the website for the guidelines and entry forms.   Like I always say "if you don't take a chance, you don't stand a chance!", so send something in and see what happens!  Also key to geting published is to always READ the guidelines and requirements carefully and fully. If you don't follow the guidelines which differ from publication to publication,  you could possibly disqualify your entry and no one wants that to happen. So read, read and read again.
 
Please also be sure to connect with the Lark Jewelry & Beading Facebook fan page for community news, project updates, and exhibit information.

No comments: