Friday, June 24, 2011

Busy Busy Busy and Wikio Top Blogs

Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I got the opportunity to support a big project but with a very tight deadline. What's a girl to do but jump in and go full throttle. I have spent the past 6 days working like madman trying to get as much quality product done as I could. Of course the weather did not help, it was in the upper 80's/90's and very humid the entire time. I have no A/C here and only ONE window opens in my studio. It was a very real sweat shop in here as it was even hotter inside than out. I didn't have the time to work only during the cooler hours of the day, so I worked until I literally got so sick from the heat I had to take a break then got up and worked more.  
Yesterday I had to get the whole kit and caboodle to Fed Ex in the afternoon, so I woke up at 4:30am to get as much done as I could.  That confused Bettie to no end as I never wake up that early and she was in no hurry to get out of bed that early.   I hit the workbench with a supply of coffee and donuts to fuel me on and went to work.  I had hoped to finish by Noon so I could send it off , hit the thrift store and take a nap. But since I can spent an hour just trying to figure out the right bead colors for a piece I didn't finish until nearly 3:45. I quickly photographed everything for reference, wrapped them up and took a LONG overdue shower.  Now, my studio looks like a tornado. an earthquake and Godzilla went through it, had a massive party and snuck out without helping clean up. This pic of my work table looks pristine compared to the rest of the room-paper scraps EVERYWHERE, spilled resin, mod podge and weldbond glue, enamel powder all over the floor, things strewn on the floor in a hurried mess to find just the RIGHT element, etc..... It will take me a full day to clean it all up, but that can wait until next week-I'm taking the weekend off!  While I wished I could have made more pieces, I am amazed at what I was able to do in the time allotted, my lack of the right "stuff" and my usually slow working process.  As a perfectionist I want to nitpick everything and pull 1/2 of it out as rejects. But I only pulled out 3 pieces that truly where rejects (like my stamped metal piece where I had the T upside down OOPS!) and let the rest go on.  I learned a lot about myself during this process and once I can share the full details I will!

In other good news, I recently got an email from WIKIO that my blog ranked in the top 20 this month in the Jewelry section WOO HOO!!!!!  I am number 15 in Jewelry and my blog also ranked in the top 40 for Crafts as well.  Here's a list of the top 20, I'm so proud to be in such an impressive group of jewelry blogs. 


1Art Bead Scene Blog
2Andrew Thornton
3Pretty Things
4Earthenwood Studio Bead Blog
5Lorelei's Blog
6Beading Arts
7About.com Jewelry Making
8Carmi's Art/Life World
9Humblebeads Blog
10A Bead A Day
11Beads And Books
12Lampwork Diva aka Cindy Gimbrone
13Gaea's Ceramic and Art Studio Blog
14Jennifer Jangles Blog
15Barbe Saint John - New Treasures from Forgotten Artifacts
16Margot Potter The Impatient Crafter
17Erin Siegel Jewelry
18Denise Yezbak Moore
19Blog for Beaders
20Rings & Things
21Cynthia Thornton of Green Girl Studios
22Copper Diem
23Beading Daily
24Melissa J. Lee
25LLYYNN
26Beads of Clay Blog
27The Rabbit Muse
28Kelley's Bead Studio
29What's New at Chinook Jewelry
30hint

Ranking made by Wikio
Today is all about doing NOTHING!!!!!! Well not exactly true, I need to ship out a few Etsy sales, hit the thrift store and make a big spaghetti and meatball dinner then I can veg out this evening. Hope you all have a wonderful Friday as well!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

you need to take a rest...lol! Sounds like a tight deadline and some stress, but I hear some fun in there too. I am so sorry your heat is so bad there in that place, that would make for a very pissy Kathy. I tend to me very moody when I am hot, which happens any time I walk outside here in this dreadful heat and humidity....sigh~
Have a good weekend and hey, take a nap *wink*