Thursday, September 01, 2011

Happy September! Bead Soup News, My New Job and Etsy Inventory


Vargas Calendar Girl - 1948

I can't believe its already September...the summer has FLOWN by.  I really, really, really had thought, hoped , wanted  and planned to be moved by now, but here I still am. I''m excited for Fall, with all the leaves changing color and crispness in the air.  I want to go on the hay ride through the pumpkin patch, buy locally made cider, etc....I will be moved before winter though-one way or another!   


I have been so busy with a couple of wholesale orders, looking for a place to live and sorting through stuff and starting my new job that I haven't had time to post about Lori Anderson's Bead Soup Blog Party. I haven't mentioned my new job yet either! 

First about Bead Soup Blog Party:  This is my first Bead Soup but I've wanted to do one since it started.  Lori is really good at keeping it organized, pairing up partners and making it a fun event.  Basically the premise is that you send your partner a pack of beads that must included a focal, an interesting clasp and some coordinating spacers or beads. You don't have to send enough for a full necklace, and the recipient only has to use the focal and the clasp.  The idea is to help you think outside the box and work with something a little different, meet new people and see new blogs and to have fun. 

My partner is Anna Lear of the Laughing Raven, she sent me this wonderful assortment of turquoise and red themed beads.  
Bead Soup Blog Party

I love she sent me some red sari silk. I NEVER find red in the skeins I buy, and always want it!  I love the turquoise beads and the big cross focal.  I can't wait to play with them, for now they are piled on my desk, next to my day planner so I can enjoy the colors.   Be sure to come back on Sept 17th and see what I do with these.

Now about my new job, I'm so happy about it - I am now the Customer Service Representative for Susan Lenart Kazmer ICE Resin®.  I'm over the moon about it!   I love working with ICE and I love talking about and teaching people about it, so its a win-win situation.  And if you work with ICE Resin®, please post your photos in our Flickr group. Each week we pick someone from there and profile them on the ICE Queen Zine Blog Flickr Fridays.

I've been really good about going through my jewelry and crafting supplies and pulling out stuff to get rid of.  I've got lots of little piles here, all ready to go to new homes.  However, I'm not so good about the photoing/editing/uploading/listing end of the process. Kinda helps to sell things if you actually LIST them rather than have lots of little piles around  to trip over LOL
jewelry supply destash

Can you tell I was going thru my "orange" box of stuff?  Also, I've been finishing up some old projects that have been sitting here like these festive Sugar Skull Muertita pendants.
Sugar Skull Pendants

I think they are so cute. I want to make little dresses for them, but I'll leave that up to their new owners.  They will go on Etsy this weekend, and I really need to send a newsletter out too.  I am thankful to have so much to be busy with, don't get me wrong.  I just need to organize my time a bit better, and spend a little less time online reading blogs and FB  ;-)  




  

6 comments:

Do Be Do Bead Do said...

Congrats and good luck to you on all of your future endeavors. I can't wait to see what you cook up with your soup ingredients!

Beetique said...

Sounds like a wonderful job to get. I saw your blog and then went and uploaded one of the bracelets I made using ice resin and other componets. Hope you like it. :)

susanc said...

Congrats Barbe! You will make a great customer service rep for SLK ICE Resin!

Hope you find a place to live soon that you really like - you deserve it. :)

Wabbit said...

Congrats on the job, Barbe! Having just met Susan at AU, I now know why everyone is so excited by and about her. She is awesome! You'll be great in the job. There has to be a great home for you and yours in the near future!

Pretty Things said...

Congratulations on the job! And I can't wait to see what you make with your soup!

Cassy said...

I love those assortment of turquoise and red themed beads from Anna.

Congratulations also for your new job.

Cassy from Learn Electric Guitar