Friday, September 30, 2011

Product Love of the Week


Wescott Titanium "No Stick" scissors.  

I won a pair of these Wescott pretty in pink No Stick scissors in a trivia contest at CHA this past summer.  Since I am often trimming paper covered in glue, sealer and wet resin I have managed to ruin quite a few pairs of scissors over the years!!!  I really wanted to see how well these would hold up to cutting paper covered in ICE Resin®.   I sat down one day, assembling items in my bezels.  I found myself needing to trim a tiny bit off of trim and papers that were already coated with wet resin.. I cut and trimmed all those little bits, and wiped them off with a baby wipe.  It only took one wipe to get the resin off. I wiped again "just to be sure" because it usually took 3 whole baby wipes to clean off regular scissors.    The real test was to wait 24 hours and see if there was any residue resin I missed and would be cured and hardened.  Happily the scissors were completely resin free and just as sharp as the day before!!!!   

If you do any kind of collage work with glue, resin, sealer, gel, tape, etc.. you NEED these scissors.  I am so in love with them, that I am going to include them in my class tool supplies for students to use. 
I'm not the only one who thinks these scissors are a must have tool, Creating Keepsakes named them as one of the top 10 "Must Have Tools" for 2011!  You can read more about it on  the Wescott Brand blog . 

2 comments:

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

I love these scissors too! I got a whole set of them at Costco over the summer. There were three pairs (a pair like yours, a large offset pair for cutting fabric or paper and a tiny pair) all for $10 I think. They are my go-to scissors in the studio now. Definitely worth the purchase!

Beetique said...

I'm going to have to look for them but we don't have a costco around here.