Wednesday, November 02, 2011

One chapter closes, while another opens


My poor blog has been a little neglected the last couple of months. I've been really busy with the new job (which I LOVE) and also packing. And packing and packing and packing!!!

This was the state of my studio last week.  Everything in disarray and boxes everywhere. I haven't been able to really work in weeks...and I won't be able to for a few more weeks.  

I'll be honest. I'm going a LITTLE bonkers from the chaos and not being able to escape it by diving into a creative project.  And I really don't like knowing that its going to be that way for a while longer, but I have to suck it up and deal.  I can't just snap my fingers and make the move be finished and all my stuff neatly put away.  Oh who am I kidding - I don't need it neatly put away just need it to be within reach LOL. I am so ready for the next chapter of my life to get going, and am really anxious to start working. 

Since I can't make anything, I have been doing a lot of online window shopping. I can't really buy anything until I'm moved, so I'm just looking.

I did get a couple of these gorgeous bronze heart bezels from work. They are taunting me on my desk right now!

ICE Resin now carries white bronze, and it looks like sterling.  It's seriously gorgeous and a lot less expensive than silver. 


and what a WOWZER this big Opal nugget pendant is!


This flatback cab from Seaurchin is like a tiny little tide pool. I want to dive into it.
Tools are always fun to look at. Boy could I use a set of these micro shapers! 


I am also indulging in alot of cyber windowshopping because I'm stressed.  I had a REAL devil of a time moving to this tiny dead town, and it seems I'll have just as difficult of a time getting out.  To say moving here was a huge mistake would be the understatement of the yar.  There is only one moving company, that quoted us a blooming fortune to move us 150 miles to our new home. It was double what it cost me to move across the country 10 months ago!  And that is the ONLY moving company here.  So now we have to rent a truck and self move, but then theres another twist-no moving laborers..... The few in the phone book here are mostly offshoots of the above moving company, and the one that replied said he wasn't available.  We've scoured the internet, the phone book, the local paper, craigslist, everywhere and anywhere there may possibly be some kind of labor or employment information=nothing.......Just because a moving company website SAYS they cover your state, doesn't mean they have service in YOUR town... Its been a nightmare of a week trying to find someone. I don't know if we will and I know we can't really move this heavy stuff alone down 2 flights of tight stairs......I am trying to keep the faith that somehow, we'll find strong, professional moving help. 

Back to packing!




2 comments:

Beetique said...

I'll pray that you will find someone to help you move. Good luck.

Sterling Silver Rings said...

Good to know about your blog such a nice and useful i like it.
Thanks for sharing with us.