Monday, January 16, 2012

This Year I am GOING To Finally DO IT!!!


Talk talk talk-but this year is about ACTION.  I've been talking about doing it, 4 or 5 yrs now? but this year it will happen.   What am I finally going to do you are wondering?? Online classes of course!

I've been telling people for years that online classes are the way to go, especially in today's economy. Airfare and gas prices keep going up and up, hotels are expensive and people just don't have the disposable income they use to.  But I've always put doing online classes on the back burner but I can't avoid it any longer. My friend Kristen Robinson has been very successful doing online classes and is my role model!  She's been so generous with me regarding her experience that it has really motivated me to JUST DO IT.   I'd love to hear what kinds of things you'd like to see or feedback on classes you've done online-what you like or don't like. Here are a few of things I'm debating doing and would love your thoughts.
Fascinating Fascinators  ©2009-2012 Barbe Saint John


"Fascinating Fascinators" was a class proposal that didn't make the retreat cut a few yrs ago.  I have sold a ton of these and everyone wanted to know how to make them, I was surprised it wasn't accepted.

Heart Full of Soul 2010-2012© Barbe Saint John
"Heart Full of Soul" is another class that wasn't accepted.  Its a 3D heart assemblage shrine to something you hold near and dear (or deer!).  Perhaps assemblage art isn't popular now?


"It's Good to Be Queen" is a mixed media necklace that was too ambitious for a 6 hour class.  There is mold making, resin casting, resin pouring, wire working, and cold connections.  

I have loads of other class ideas, mostly jewelry of course! Let me know what you think!





8 comments:

susanc said...

Your creations are beautiful Barbe! I especially love "It's Good To Be Queen". Looking forward to see what you will be offering and all the details!

Laurel said...

Go for it! I like the fascinator, myself, but they are all cool. Glad to hear you sound so enthusiastic!

Diana Laurence said...

That doll class looks AMAZING. Never seen anything like it!

Amber Dawn Inventive Soul said...

I LOVE that you are going to DO what you want to DO!
;) Action!!!!!
:)
Good projects!!!
You go!!!!

Yay!

Barbe Saint John/ Saints and Sinners® said...

Thanks Ladies!!! I'm thinking I need to do this sooner than later. Seems like there are a lot of people who can't afford to go to the big retreats and prefer taking an online class.

I'm glad you like the few I put up, it's very helpful!

xoxo

Vanina said...

Yay! Looking forward to it! lots of love :)

Beetique said...

The last one is more my cup of tea lol

Charm Bracelets said...

Pretty accessories embellished with pearls and stones...really looks very grand and gorgeous.