Sunday, January 29, 2012

True Confessions: I need a Super Organizer




Warning-items are more cluttered than they appear
My new studio needs work. A LOT of work and organizing all these little things I want to click my heels 3 times and have my fairy organizing godmother to come and clean up all my stuff!! A girl can dream can't she?

This is my primary jewelry making table. It's functional but not the best set up.



I have a lot space here and I am very grateful!!! Now I need furniture to organize it all and make an efficient work space




And while the pine paneling is gorgeous wood it's way too dark in my basement work rooms so I am going to have to paint it. Breaks my heart to do it but I need light.

I've always loved 50's melted crayon looking floor tiles but not these colors


My floor is terra cotta and beige-UGH!!!! Two colors I like the least of all colors, so I need to get rid of it. I don't want to pull them up because they ate asbestos so I have two choices-paint over them or cover them. I haven't decided yet which way to go.

So today I'm going to attempt to put away some more things and create a pile of stuff to list on etsy. Wish me luck!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Lansing Dr,Westlake,United States

4 comments:

Alice said...

I need a super organizer too, one that will also keep me on track with time management.

I think painting that paneling is a smart way to go.

Barbe Saint John/ Saints and Sinners® said...

Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone with this Alice!! oh yes, I need to add time management to my list too!

xoxo
barbe

Old Fashion Halloween said...

In our first house I was worried about paint lifting my old asbestos tile basement floor. My solution was 3 large cheap area rugs. It made the room warmer too. Next house we painted the paneling in the basement and it made the room look so much bigger!

HeArt Collective said...

i say paint it... your eyes will thank you.

and as for the flooring i say laminate flooring... its cheap, you can DIY and it comes in a bazillion colors now plus its easy to clean/find your bead/findings on should you have a CAT-astrophy.

if i was there i would totally make that place sparkle just for you, barbe! i'm a good organizer and time manager and task keeper...

i think that the first step (after paint and flooring) is getting the right furniture... it won't matter how many bins and boxes you get and how well labelled they are if you haven't got a place to PUT them. i have been using baker's racks that are portable for years and while they're not the "warmest" type of furniture they are TOTALLY functional and relatively cheap, but sturdy!

sending you nesting and building vibes!
xoxo
jul