Monday, January 23, 2012

Whiling the hours away on Pinterest, while blaming The Silence


I laughed when I found this image on tumblr, if only it was creepy space aliens making me forget things! (Dr Who reference for those who don't get it)

I've been in bed since Thursday evening due to really bad CF/Fibro flare up the likes of which I haven't had to deal with in YEARS!! (I couldn't even sit upright). Not the life I had hoped for in 2012.  I was wishing I had a day to sit and journal about my goals for 2012 and pick 3 words for the year, but THIS wasn't the way I wanted to make the time to do that LOL.   I did think about those things a little over the past 4 days but not in the depth I want.  Also along with this flare up another what I thought was dormant problem rose up, and let's just say it's a whopper....  I don't like to 'tell the story' of t these illnesses because whatever you focus on you receive more of, and I don't want anymore of this! I had hoped to have a superproductive weekend but instead had 4 totally unproductive days of not being able to do ANYTHING than lay, look at a tv or computer and sleep.

Because I was in a fog and unable to concentrate on reading or following a movie, I spent a lot of time trying to focus on nice things and dawdling on Pinterest. I love Pinterest in general but especially when I need easy entertainment and to take my mind off my pain.   I love seeing what other people find, what kinds of things they like, all the eye candy but also because I use it as a personal visual book mark center.  I have boards for recipes I want to try, craft and trade show display and stuff for the house I want to look into later. It's wonderful to get to know people through the images they put up as well as discovering so many wonderful things.

If you haven't checked it out yet, you should.  If you need an invite to join, let me know and I'll send you one!

5 comments:

Amber Dawn Inventive Soul said...

Pinterst is fun!

Do you have netflix?
"Happy Thank You More Please"
A movie with heart and a way to get more of the good things in life. :)
Be well-er!

Old Fashion Halloween said...

I'd like to blame the Silence for my crappy memory. January in general is such a bleh month. Hope you recover quickly.

heather noye said...

Pinterest is so addicting. but i've gotten some great recipes there as well as links to fabulous tutorials.

susanc said...

I'm sorry you're having such a bad time right now Barbe. I hope this flare-up will end SOON and be gone for a LONG time. Pinterest is such a great resource and it is really nice to have things that inspire us or that we want to try, etc., all in one place and done visually instead of in a list. Hope you feel better soon. xxx

JenniDMills said...

Oh dear, another person with Fibro. It's horrible isn't it? My mum and I both suffer from it ... my daughter probably will too. Rest up and try to make your way through the Fibro fog as soon as possible. Remember - there will also be good days!