Saturday, March 10, 2012

Starting a New Journey!



I have been a follower of Tonya Davidson's blog for a couple of years. She is really inspiring and generous with her knowledge.   Last year she offered the Artful Success program.

 "Artful Success is the Leading Business Blueprint for Artists whether they are just starting their business or are thriving professionals. This program inspires Artists to find their voice and share their gifts with the world in a profitable method. Tonya Davidson is an expert art technique teacher, author, speaker, successful entrepreneur and mentor to Artists. She is a master at teaching Artists how to: eliminate overwhelm, understand the ins and outs of business, format a strategy and implement marketing tactics to create a successful core business plan. Tonya will inspire you to take your art business to the next level creating incredible results and a clear path for success."

I really liked all the tips Tonya gives in her ezine and blog so I my ears perked up when I saw it.  The more I read about the program, the more I liked!!!  Sadly, at the time my life was in transition (wasn't ALL of 2011 like that for me?) so I didn't sign up.. I thought about it, and thought about it and thought about it..... A LOT!!!!  It sounded like the kind of program I could really learn from and get me focused. And I needed that because I had let so many things fall by the wayside in my business over the last 2 years.

Luckily, my friend Juanita joined the group.  Juanita is like me-she doesn't sugar coat anything, ask her for her opinion and she'll tell you exactly what she thinks!  If she loves it - she'lll say so, if she thinks it was just so so-she'll say so.  Because I trust and value her,  I was able to get a truly unbiased opinion of the program.  I asked her questions like "Did she learn new ways of doing things?  Did she feel she got her money's worth? and most importantly " HOW did it make her feel about herself as an artist and about being a successful artist".

Juanita told me flat out it was one of the BEST decisions she ever made regarding growing her career.  That's all I needed to hear!!! Not only did I take her word for it, I can SEE the difference in her business presence over the last 8 months or so. So when Tonya offered the progam again for 2012, I was so excited.  My life is again in a not so pleasant stage, but this time I was determined that "I" needed to come first.  I  took a big step and became a member of Tonya Davidson's "Artful Success" group.

 I feel this program will be really beneficial to so many of us artists who feel stagnant or stuck or just plain lost so................I'll be taking you all along on this journey with me!  I think hearing about it from someone going through the process may inspire you to take the leap too and invest in yourself and your business.  You can also follow the Artful Success Facebook Fan page and read comments from other members in the group.

The program is 12 weeks and I'll be posting every week with my thoughts about my results of what's going on with me, my business and my opportunities through my process of going through the program.  I haven't decided what day to post them but I'll make sure its a regular schedule so you can all keep up along with me.  I am SO very excited to get started, I feel like a spring crocus pushing my way through the dirt and snow to reach sunshine!


4 comments:

susanc said...

Congratulations Barbe! Sounds like a really great program and I look forward to reading your posts about it each week. Thank you for taking us all along on this journey with you!

Heather said...

Good for you!!! I am proud of you that you took this step forward FOR YOURSELF!! I look forward to hearing all about it!!

Barbe Saint John/ Saints and Sinners® said...

thanks ladies!!! I'm so grateful for your support and so happy you are both along with me on this journey!!!

Georgie Galante Artmaker said...

I've known Tonya for about a decade and she's the greatest. Juanita Burton is fabulous. See you at the forum - I signed up too! What a small world.