Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Woefully Boring Worktable Wednesday


I apologize for my lack of creative endeavors of late.  My Work Table Wednesdays have been BORING and I need to get busy being more creative! Look at this relatively clean and unfettered work top-it's embarrassing! Must mess it up this week!!!

This past week I was preparing for my ICE Resin 101 Class at Small Studio over the weekend. Here's a photo of the crazy art teacher!

photo copyright 2012 Small Studio/Ginny Carter Smallenburg & John Smallenburg

I had a great group of enthusiatic students and we all had a blast while learning how to properly work with resin. You can see more photos of  all the fun we had in class on the Small Studio blog. Thank you Michelle for taking photos!  Also, Small Studio has a new Facebook Page, so please check it and like them.  

  I had so much FUN teaching that class that I've already started gathering stuff for the students in my next class!!  We'll be making some pretty Steam Punk Bobby Pins next week. 



I also am thinking about another class for Small Studio using these awesome pocket watch cases I got there. 



I have been working on behind the scenes stuff regarding the website and editing photos.  I did add a couple of necklaces this week like this pretty Cabinet of Curiosities: Seahorse Specimen.


And while the hot working table is clean, the paper crafting table is a real mess. I just keep piling it up with stuff that needs to be put away. 



I'm curious to see on the worktables of Julee,Heather and Sherry today too! I know that Julee and Heather are having fun together today so their posts may be combined!! 




9 comments:

Sherry said...

I have a work table where I "pile" things too Barbe!!

I LOVE this photo of you while teaching at Small Studio...and I'm glad that you are preparing to teach more classes there.

Off to check out the website and facebook page!!

Barbe Saint John/ Saints and Sinners® said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only "table piler" out there!! hee hee!!!

I'm thrilled to be teaching there, the space is fantastic and Ginny and John are so nice!
xoxo

Heather said...

I think we all pile somewhere!! and some of us have more than one piler! :)

Pretty Things said...

I would have loved to have been there!

shamraiz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shamraiz said...

I really enjoyed the tutorial. What a great technique. Your crafting looks wonderful!
thanks for the info and keep uploading like these kind of stuff.
Regards,
BOXER.........

Business Gift Cards
Gift Card Printing
scratch card

Wedding dresses said...

This is all very new to me and this article really opened my eyes.Thanks for sharing with us your wisdom.

Sherri said...

Barbe,

where did you get you pocket watch cases? I am looking for some and cannot find them anywhere?

Barbe Saint John said...

Those cases came from a store that is now closed. You can find them at flea markets, ebay and I think Tim Holtz makes some too now. Good luck=hunting is always hard work!