Monday, August 27, 2012

Time for Change- Web Store Closing

photo copyright Karen Salmansohn

I've been talking about it for awhile, but I'm finally putting it into action. I'm taking the flying pig's suggestion and taking some time to regroup.  

  During the past few months, I've been feeling a strong urge to take my jewelry in a different direction and it's time to do it.   I've been making "recycled vintage" found object jewelry for years. It's been fun, I've learned a lot, taught a lot and shared my love it it with lots of people.  Now,  I'm ready to challenge myself and move onto something different. Not that I'll probably ever REALLY quit working with found objects, but for now it will be way down on the artistic priority list.  I will also be taking a sabbatical this fall-to get focused on where I want to go next in my career and life.  Another positive change- I'm also moving my studio from the dark and quiet basement to the light filled attic.  I can't wait to get fully moved in to start work!

I'm grateful and excited for this new burst of creativity but had been feeling stuck.  I wasn't sure how I was going to integrate the changes in my work with the current inventory and the website.  While I had been working on a new "Saints and Sinners"  site, there had a number of setbacks with it coming together as I wanted.  But in hindsight, things happen for a reason and I know now that it wasn't meant to be.

I have decided to close the shopping cart on the web site.. I'll keep the site as a gallery and information page while I focus on creating a new body of jewelry work.  I'll be closing the shopping cart on Oct 1st. I've put it the website items on sale 25% off until the shop closes. If there's something you've had your eye on-get it now!!!  I am still open to trading/bartering too (check list on menu bar above).  In October I'll move the jewelry over to my Barbe Saint John Trunk Show Shop on Etsy and it will be full price.   I am also cleaning out my studio to make space for new supplies. I'm  listing components I have made, vintage jewelry supplies and mixed media supplies in my Saints and Sinners Supply shop on Etsy.  I also hope to be motivated to blog more often too!


This post is from the blog, Barbe Saint John.  If you are not currently reading this via e-mail or an RSS feed from Barbe Saint John then sadly this post has been stolen or scraped from the Barbe Saint John blog.  Stolen content can be reported HERE .”



1 comment:

Spirited Earth said...

I applaude your courage to change directions and also think it's smart to take some "down" time to regroup and concentrate on the new path not be split in two directions..
I made ceramic rattles for 2+ decades, was in really good galleries and shops but I wanted a change as it took up all my creative time and energy ..
i am so happy with my new direction..but it was scary to let the old, well established work all go in the wind.
it will be fun to see what new things you create.