Friday, December 07, 2012

It's easy to create Instant Glam!


I'm participating in the Instant Glam by Fernando Blog hop!  Instant Glam is a line of exclusive components by Metal Complex.  The line includes a variety of deep welled bezels and matching crystal rock inserts made from Swarovski crystals. 
 
Instant Glam bezels are GREAT because they are large enough and deep enough use with EnviroTex Jewelry Resin,  polymer clay,Epoxy Clay and even felting in! They are a nice bright silver, but they can be darkened with liver of sulfur or colored with gilders paste, alcohol inks and oxide dyes.  The Crystal rock shapes also have hotfix adhesive on the underside, so you can use them on fabric projects as well. BRILLIANT!!! These components were created to allow designers to make large, showy pieces of jewelry easily and inexpensively.  

I received the teardrop shaped bezel and matching crystal rock shape. I took them out of the plastic bags so I wouldn't get a glare in the photo. 


 It's hard to tell but the crystal shape is super sparkly!!!! I fell in love with this bezel when I opened the envelope. My creativity went into overdrive with different ways to incorporate resin and clay.  It would have been easy for me to go creatively crazy with this,but then I thought about the people who would be buying these.  Not everyone has advanced jewelry making skills but they do want to make something FABULOUS with the skills they have.  I decided I wanted to show how EASY it would be for anyone to make a gorgeous piece of jewelry. All you need are a bezel, matching crystal rock shape, accent piece, chain and E6000. 

First I pulled out my box of vintage components aka broken jewelry bits. I selected a number of pieces I thought would look good as the accent piece.  I'll admit, it was hard to narrow it down to the eight pictured below. 



I laid the crystal rock in the bezel then 'auditioned" them on the piece to see which looked the best. They ALL looked great but eventually I decided this pretty 50's pink leaf and rhinestone piece was the winner.  I applied a bit of E6000 to the back of the crystal rock and pressed it into the bezel. 

Then I added a dollop of glue to the back of the accent piece and carefully placed that on top of the crystal rock. 


If you get globs or sloppy glue strings, be sure to clean them up with a toothpick while the glue is still wet. You'll thank yourself because it will be impossible to clean up after it's dry.  I set it aside to dry. Full cure is 24 hours, but you can handle it within a couple hours or so. 

While waiting for the glue to dry, I dug through the bead boxes. I made a couple of pink pearl and rhinestone links to match the accent piece. I added those to some vintage black beaded chain I had and VOILA!!!!


Here's a closeup of the pendant, isn't the bezel just gorgeous! 


To learn more about Instant Glam components, Please visit the Metal Complex blog.   You can also visit the Metal Complex on facebook  as well. If you would like to know where you can find these great findings, you can email customer service to see if there is a store in your area    I want to say Thank You to Metal Complex for asking me to participate in this blog hop! 

 To see all the other blog hop participants, please visit the Metal Complex blog on Dec 12th!


4 comments:

Gill said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this, it's such a great idea.

Barbe Saint John said...

Thanks Gill!

TesoriTrovati said...

Very vintage glam! I love that sweet little brooch you added to the center. Nice touch! Enjoy the day. Erin

Barbe Saint John said...

Thanks Erin!
Hugs,
Barbe