Monday, September 02, 2013

Muerto's Time!


image copyright 2013 Lisa Vollrath

Now that its September, I can start thinking about Halloween and Dia de los Muertos!!

jewelry by Barbe Saint John

The above photo is a teaser of a piece I have in the new 

Bad Influence October 2013: Day of the Dead Zine.


This issue is chock full of Muertos goodness! In this issue: Day of the Dead artwork by SL Scheibe, Carolyn Brady, Peace Schuyler, Corinne Stubson, Cindy Couling, Patti, Mark & Connor Mohrenweiser; playing card designs by Chris Ovdiyenko; photography by Keecia Buster; jewelry by Barbe Saint John (that's ME!); an interview with painter Jennifer Gillooly Cahoon about her Day of the Dead series; matchbox shrines and mixed media Day of the Dead portraits by Lisa Vollrath.

  Get your a copy of this festively fabulous Zine here:

Lisa also has some GREAT matchbox shrine kits on her site too!
photo and image copyright 2013 Lisa Vollrath/Ten Two Studios

I think these "Laughing Catrina's" are my favorite, but the others are adorable too. I'm gonna start looking for all those matchbox I have been keeping!!!


3 comments:

Susan said...

I will have to check it out! I really love the Dia de los Muertos artwork, sugar skulls and shrines!

jbasset said...

Awesome, this was a absolutely superior post. In approach I'd like to address like this too - demography time and absolute accomplishment to accomplish a acceptable article... but what can I say... I adjourn alot and never assume to get something done.
Flat Available In Bhubaneswar

julia rudolph said...

I’m really amazed with your posting skills as well as with the layout on your blog site. Is this a paid style or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the pleasant quality writing, it is rare to see a great site such as this one these days.
Leathers Jackets