Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Tis the Season To Start Decorating!


 The Saint John 2103 holiday tree done up in pinks and light aqua.

I know it's a bit early to put up the tree, but I wanted to have a longer holiday season this year.  We usually put it up a couple weeks prior to Christmas but we could use a little extra CHEER this year. I got a white tree a couple of years ago and love it!!! I use to have a vintage aluminum one but my old cats use to eat it. NOT GOOD!  I also have a small pink one for my studio I will be putting up this weekend.  Every year we decide a different color scheme, this year its pastel pinks, aqua and silver.   I need to get a different tree topper because this one gets lost with all the pastel colors.  I don't have a lot of vintage ornaments in these pastel colors but the new plain globes are timeless.  

I started looking for some vintage ornament inspirations and came across a pattern for a vintage looking felt deer ornament on the Thrift Store Crafter Blog. It's SOOOO retro I let out a loud SQUEEE! when I saw it. Luckily, I had pink wool felt so whipped up this pretty little deer head.  

I cut out a few more I need to make this week as gifts.  For some reason I am having a HARD time finding a good, pale aqua felt!  Maybe next year I'll find some in time.  This pattern is pretty easy to do and great as a tween/teen craft too.  You can find the pattern HERE.  She also has a number of other fun vintage inspired felt ornament patterns up including Alistair the Penguin, and this ADORABLE Blue Bird (which I'll be stitching up next!) 
photo ©2013 Thrift Store Crafter

I think next years tree will be all vintage look hand made felt ornaments. If I start NOW I should have enough to fill the tree come Christmas 2014!


No comments: