Wednesday, May 14, 2014

April Showers bring May Flowers


Like so many of you who live in the Midwest/East Coast I am SOOOO ready for spring!! After living in California for 20 yrs, I'm not use to not having flowers bloom in March. Heck, I can't even plant anything here until the last week of May because of frost.

So, to get my flower fix I start looking at sun dresses. There are a lot of vintage reproductions this year featuring flowers. I'm picking a few of my faves to share the spring love with you all.

The pretty red dress at the top is by Whirling Turban. I've been a fan of hers for about 15 years.  She makes authentic reproduction pieces that are true quality and will last a long time.  The Hawaiian Classic Charmer with Wing Bust is one of my favorites but she has SOOO many beautiful pieces on her site.  She has also expanded into Bridal wear so if you want a vintage style dress for your wedding, be sure to look at her Bridal Salon Section. 

Pin Up Girl Clothing is another favorite and I'm SOOOOO HAPPY they have been expanding their Plus Size line!  Voluptuous Vintage Vixens check them out! If you are over a size 14 it's very hard to find vintage or reproduction clothing. Many of Pin Up Girl Clothing now goes up to a 4X which is about a sz 24.  They have a ton of pretty floral dresses, but this is on my wish list. Ella Dress in Blue Rose Floral. It's a perfect dress for this hot humid Ohio Summer and it will look great when I dye my hair back to Teal again. 

Heart of Haute also has a lot of pretty floral dresses right now. Rosa is HIGH on my wish list! 

Lindy Bop is a UK company that ships to the US. Their dresses are very affordably priced even with the currency exchange. If your order anything, remember they have UK sizing which is different than US so be sure to check your measurements. 


I love the Myrtle dress in this pretty navy and orange print. 

Please note: I was not paid or compensated in any way for this blog post. I haven't received any dresses for my opinions, but I'd be happy to review clothing for any of the companies mentioned. :-)




4 comments:

Vanina said...

These are so beautiful!

Indo Nirman said...

Hello,
Your words sometimes echo in my mind and during my leisure time, i read your write ups again
1 bhk flat in Bhubaneswar

subham escon said...

They have several offices however everbody is kidding and their home office is at tankapani road, ravitalkies sq. with branch offices at jayadev vihar, b.j.b school and different places like cuttack and puri.
Subham Estcon Pvt. Ltd


Steve Masters said...

Thanks for sharing such useful information. The information provided is very very niche and this information is not available so easily. Therefore I thank the writer for the useful input.

Dynamics GP Test Drive