Thursday, April 23, 2015

Artsy Clothes Patterns for Artsy Ladies

New Vogue Sewing Patterns were released a few days ago. While some people are really HATING on them, I find myself loving the avant garde influences. So much so I'm putting ALL of these on my pattern wish list! 

First up is this super elegant top/skirt pattern Vogue 1451 by Donna Karan
This is a real statement outfit, perfect for a gallery opening. I am so in love with the uneven mermaid flare skirt and the asymmetrical top.  I think this would look great on all sizes, and it's first on my "to buy" list.


This is on the "maybe" list. While I LOVE this sundress Vogue 1446 by Rebecca Taylor, I know sewing all those pintucks would drive me batty!! And check out the gorgeous back!!!

  Regardless of the pintucks and all that piecing in the back, I am lusting after it and what to try it! LOL

This pretty one is Very Easy by Vogue, Vogue 9100. It's the perfect retro sun dress.
I love this because not only is it Very Easy, it includes separate pattern pieces for A-D cups!!! No need to do a massive FBA on this lovely dress. And I LOVE this fabric, wish I could find it too!

I LOVE the top in this Sandra Betzina Pattern Vogue 1452
The pattern includes palazzo pants as shown. Not so sure I like the combo together, but I would like to try the pants pattern as well in a plain fabric. 

I also love the simplicity of this 20's inspired dress V9102
The dress has a slim version as well as this one with godets. I have three or four small pieces of vintage border print fabric that I've been saving. They are too small for a dress but would perfect as godets. Also, I LOVE the perfect chevron piecing on this, and want to try this as well. 

During the MANY summer days here when it's too danged hot and humid to wear clothes, (no central air in our house, UGH!) I think this lovely flowy tunic dress V9107 in silk would be perfect.

Last but certainly not least, is this Marcia Tilton V9112 Miyake inspired tent dress. 

I love the 60's style funnel neck, I love the piecing, the shaped hemline and the way it flares. I'm NOT so sure it would look as cute as a dress on someone my size, but this length on me is a tunic. I can do tunic. 

I love buying patterns but never seem to have the fabric I want. I really need to go to NYC for a couple of days and shop.  I miss Discount Fabrics in San Francisco, they had EVERYTHING. My only options here are Joann and Walmart, boohoo. 

What's on your Spring/Summer sewing list?







1 comment:

Georgie Galante Artmaker said...

Love all the patterns.